Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Worth It


Pregnancy can be such a beautiful thing. Except today. Today I look like death. I have black shadows under my eyes from lack of sleep. I look as white as a ghost from having been fighting off a cold for 2 weeks now. I feel nauseous and icky. But then he moves and my stomach ripples. That's all it takes. I don't care how I look and feel when Hunter reminds me he is there.

Birth is such a hard and exhausting thing for a woman to go through. Yet, I can not remember the pain from the c-section. I just remember holding my daughter for the first time. I remember staring at a photograph of my husband who was deployed to Iraq. Waiting on his call to inform him about our beautiful baby girl. I am even more grateful that he is able to be here this time.

My hormones and emotions are in full force today. I like thinking back to when Cali was born. I try to picture what it will be like this time. There are so many new things. Matt's here. I don't have to wait until I go into labor, I'll have a day and time. It seems so odd that in only a few weeks I'll know exactly when my son's birthday will be. With Cali, it was a waiting game. I thought she was never going to come. She waited until her due date to come out.

Being a mommy is the most amazing experience any woman can go through. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. We've had the normal bumps in the road (such as teething and colds) and some unexpected (such as weird rashes and food allergies), but it was all worth it.

No comments: