Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Doctors, Pain, & Liberty


Yesterday I had my 30 week appointment. I've been having backaches and cramps for the past 3 days now. Commander **** (keeping the name a secret even though my friends who have been there should know who I am talking about) told me I need to stay off my feet. I look from her to Cali who is sitting in her stroller. I'm thinking to myself "Is that even possible?" I don't know what relaxing and resting is unless Cali is taking a nap and even then that's when I am finishing up chores that I can't do when she is awake.

I talked to my mom about this and even though we all agree with the doctor, I just don't see how it can be done. My mom reminds me that I don't want Hunter coming out yet. I don't either. I did some deep and serious praying last night to God about this whole situation. I just got out of the shower and my back isn't aching quite as bad. My cramping is only slight. I haven't done much this morning besides feed, diaper, and love on my babygirl. I've been sitting around like a bump on a log and I hate it. I keep looking at my feet and seeing how they haven't began to swell yet. That's my motivation also. If I have to remain like a lazy bum, then I'll do it. But I still don't like it.

This saturday the W&F Training Battalion is having what's called a "Liberty Saturday". It's just for the marines, no spouses allowed. They are dragging my husband up to Charleston, SC without me for 18 hours. They want the boys to bond, which Matt says isn't needed in a battalion like this one seeing it's nondeployable. None of these guys will probably ever deploy together. Matt wants to stay home with me and help me out with Cali. Given my current condition and that I have been to the hospital once already in the past 2 weeks you think they wouldn't make Matt go. We will see. He is informing his higher ups about me and the safety of our unborn son. Let's see if they stick to the "family orientated" motto they throw around so much. I doubt it. I can see that they are still going to make Matt go. If this pain keeps up, I'm going to have to call in reenforcements and have someone come stay with me until Hunter is born to help out around the house and help me out with Cali Rae.

1 comment:

Nashota said...

Love the new blog look! It can get addicting. ;)