Friday, January 23, 2009

Life as of Lately


Only two months left until our little man is here. I'm so excited about it that I'm nesting already. I just want his room done and completed. It's nerve wrecking walking into his room and seeing all the things we don't have and still need. I look at the crib, there is no mattress or bed set. We have this hutch thing in there now with all his clothes in baskets, but I want a dresser. Dressers are easier and eventually he will HAVE to have one. So why not go ahead and get it while we can?

Matt's completely amazed with the size of newborn diapers and continually asks me if I'm sure they will even fit. I assure him that they will. But with that being said, we only have 92 diapers total so far. And as all us mommies know, that won't last long at all. I'm thinking a week? Anyone want to place a bet? So basically we still need diapers.

I have plenty of wipes. I was smart and bought a 576ct box of Huggies Natural Care wipes. It's easier to buy big so I don't have to worry on whether we have enough or not. I also think we are set on baby wash. I've personally bought 2 bottles and a box of disposable washcloths. My mom recently bought a bottle of wash as well. I only have one bottle of lotion, but that always last awhile. Plus between the few I have for Cali (which we use every day sometimes twice a day because my baby girl loves lotion) I'm sure we won't need any for awhile.

I have the diaper bag packed and ready to go minus burp cloths simply because I don't have any yet. My mom bought a couple, but they're aren't physically here yet. We have a ton of clothes thanks to a few friends, my mom, and my mother in law (which hers aren't here yet either, but my parents are bringing them up soon). I'm just ready for everything to be in place and I'm definitely ready for it to be time to have Hunter.

I'm blessed this pregnancy with the fact that the only thing that's swelled on me besides my belly (for obvious reasons) is my fingers and they only slightly swell at night. My feet amazingly haven't tripled in size like they did with Cali. I have also been watching my salt intake like a hawk (haha, that's my maiden name... I'm a dork I know). If I keep it up I won't have to worry about that, which I plan too.

It's like a little after 6am. I've been up a little before 5am because of the husband. And he is already gone to work but I can't go back to sleep. It's a curse from pregnancy. Plus I took my acid reflux medicine, ate breakfast, and now I'm on here. Normally I'm tired by now and crawling back into bed. That doesn't seem to be the case this morning. So by 10am I'm going to be dragging myself around the house complaining about the need for sleep. But hopefully Cali will take a nap around that time so I can too!

No comments: